Thursday, May 10, 2007

Feedback from Interviewees

Although I came into this project with an optimistic point of view, I did not actually think that I was going to be able to acquire quick responses from most of my interviewees. Coming into this project knowing that the key companies that I was trying to focus on in Online Adversising were Google and Yahoo, I was trying to be optimistic but I doubted that I will get in touch with anyone at these companies. I turned to LinkedIn and tried not to bother Professor O'Donnell with introductions since I knew he would be getting enough of those from about 20 other classmates. This is where having 11 other contacts becomes useful. Although my introductions to 6 out of the 8 attempted went through, only one person get back to me. I must say, I was a bit shocked that I actually received feedback from this person at Google but I really hoped to hear from everyone else. Since I did not hear back from most of the people that I contacted in the beginning, I went for those in smaller advertising companies. That worked out wonderfully. I actually received an extra response; I emailed six people and received four responses. Amazing!

No comments: