Monday, April 2, 2007

Perfect Mobile Phone

My cell phone service provider is T-mobile and I must say that I'm a pretty content customer. I get a good amount of minutes with unlimited mobile-to-mobile, texting, pictures and video messaging, voicemail, internet, games, ringtones, etc. for one low monthly price. My calls don't drop frequesntly and I have service in most places. The only thing that I wish to eliminate about T-mobile is the frequent text messages that advertise new services or updates in the company. Although courteous, they can become very annoying. I honestly prefer to receive an email about thse sort of things.
I consider myself to be a pretty basic and simple cell phone user. As long as my phone can dial and text, I'm fine. I don't use the internet feautures or play with the games. I do not demand things like high-speed internet access and software portability on my phone. I do demand a small phone and a cheap plan that offers a decent amount of minutes and lets not forget: unlimited texting is a must-have.
Phones should definately be cheaper and taxes should not be so high. A $50 plan ends up being about $73 due to insurance, taxes and misc. fees. All phones should provide service overseas, even if it is more expensive. Individual texts should also be cheaper; free incoming as long as you're within the same network or packages where you can mix picture, video and text messages should be offered. Also, extra minutes should rollover to the next month, just like Cingular's "Rollover Minutes" plan or the money should be refunded. This will probably leave service providers with a lot less profit but it will definately bring more customers.

No comments: