Saturday, March 24, 2007

Entrepreneurship

Entrepreneurship ... such a pretty little word. As a Business Management major and daughter of business owners, it is no surprise that I have a fond interest in entrepreneurship. The idea of starting my own business and being my own boss brings more than a smile to my face and hope to my heart ... but it is much more complicated than it seems.
I'm convinced that I can do it but I do not have many ideas as to what type of business I would like to start. I will probably seek venture capital in order to raise capital to build the business, but that all depends on the type of organization. Thinking and planning about whether I would like to start a business alone or create a partnership is also a time-consuming activity that involves careful calculations. Since I would not like my business to be one of the many small businesses that fail every year, much thought and organization must go into it.
I always thought that placing a unisex hair salon in Fordham would be an excellent idea. There are only about 3 in the area and they are located past Arthur avenue. Therefore, our competition would be close to none. Placing a beauty salon on campus will be conveniently close for all students and I'm sure that it will bring great business.
NYC is full of entrepreneurs. A business is probably more likely to fail here than in any other state due to all of the competition out there. Good luck to all of those aspiring entrepreneurs - we're going to need it!

No comments: